Chrome 84 Released, Enables Gap Property for CSS Flexbox
Chrome 84 was released on 15th July, 2020.
Major web platform updates in this version include :
- Major updates to Web Animations API — support for Promises, replaceable animations etc.
Support for Wake Lock API. This can be used by sites to prevent screen from locking or dimming.
// request wake lock
const wl = await navigator.wakeLock.request('screen');
// release wake lock
- Support for Idle Detection API (launched as origin trial). This API can detect whether the user is away from their computer.
- Support for WebOTP API. This API can help users to enter OTP on a webpage with a single tap (rather than manually copy & paste).
- Support for CSS revert property — this can be used to revert a CSS property back to the previous cascade level.
- Support for gap property for CSS flexbox.
- And more.
Read full information on blog.chromium.org