Chrome 86 Released, Enables File System Access API
Chrome 86 was released on 12th October, 2020.
Major web platform updates in this version include :
- File System Access API is enabled. Browsers can use this API to read and write files from the user's device.
- :focus-visible CSS pseudo-class is implemented. This is helpful in styling focus in a more better way.
- Altitude and Azimuth angles have been added to PointerEvents. This is hepful in determining the inclination of a stylus.
- ::marker CSS pseudo-element is implemented. This can be used to change bullet styling for ul / ol elements.
- preservesPitch property for HTML audio / video is implemented. This property can be used to determine whether the pitch of an audio or video element should be preserved when adjusting the playback rate.
- And more.
Read full post on developers.google.com